Our COVID-19 Response
Yes, we are open! We deeply care for your safety. Here are the safety measures we have put in place:
· All students and staff are required to wear masks at all times- No exceptions!
· Temperatures of all students and staff will be taken upon entry to the studio.
· All students will be given a sanitized bin to put belongings in. This bin will travel with each student throughout class and will be dropped off at the exit after class to be re-sanitized.
· Hand sanitizer will be given upon entry. A hand washing station is also available. There are automatic hand sanitizing stations at multiple locations throughout the studio. We encourage everyone to hand wash/sanitize as much as possible and to avoid touching one's face.
· Every student and instructor will stay in their marked 6-foot zone. Each student and instructor will have their own apparatus throughout the class. No apparatus sharing is permitted under any circumstances.
· Rosin and chalk will be given individual bags at the entrance to the gym. There will be no communal chalk/rosin. Students are encouraged to reuse these/bring their own.
· Communal water stations have been closed and put in storage for the time being. Please plan ahead and bring your own bottle of water.
· Students will enter through the office door and exit out of the side door facing the farm. Only one student will be allowed in the office at a time. Arrows and signs are in place to help direct the flow of traffic and maintain a safe distance.
· All apparatus will be taken down, cleaned (or washed), and sanitized. This has and will have an effect on our schedule. We have purchased a lot of extra equipment to make this possible (a big thank you to our generous donors!).
· All mats will be sanitized after each class.
· Public spaces (office, bathroom, etc) will be cleaned between classes. Spring floors will be sanitized each night.
· Roll-up doors will be open at all times for maximum airflow- plan accordingly for the weather.
· Hands-on spotting is not allowed. Spotting is only to be done in the event of an emergency rescue or emergency situation. Instructors have adjusted their lesson plans accordingly.
· Classes will be capped at 7 students for aerial and 9 for land-based classes. Registering ahead of time is highly encouraged. Classes that do not have registered students will be canceled 24 hours before the start time. If you register less than 24 hours ahead of time and there are still spots left, you will be considered a “drop-in”. As a "drop-in" the class costs more. We need to do this since we have drastically reduced the number of classes.
· No spectators are allowed at this time. Parents are asked to drop off and pick up promptly.
· To keep up with cleaning and capacity guidelines, we ask that students do not arrive earlier than 5 minutes before class and they leave no later than 5 minutes after class.
· Unfortunately, spectators will not be permitted during this time. Parents are asked to drop off and pick up promptly.
· Late entry to class (more than 5 minutes after class start time) will not be permitted.
· Refunds will not be issued for no-shows unless you have a valid medical reason. Additionally, if you have any symptoms of COVID-19, please stay home. We will be happy to issue a refund so that we can see you back in the studio when you are feeling all better. Please note that the CDC says symptoms of COVID-19 include, fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, or diarrhea.If you are experiencing any of these symptoms please stay home.
· Most of us have not had the luxury of training at home. Keep in mind that your instructors will be reacquainting your body with aerial after a few months off. Review, conditioning, and safety checks will be a big part of our first few weeks back. This is to make sure we all stay healthy and injury-free. While this may seem frustrating and boring, this is crucial to keeping everyone safe.
· Parents, this will be especially difficult for your kiddos. Please help us keep them safe by encouraging the importance of injury prevention, review, and slow return protocol. We will do our best to make this fun for them, but we know there is no replacement for big moves.
· In the event of a confirmed Covid-19 case from one of our community members, the studio will be closed for a minimum of 14 days. Please do your part by making sure you don't come to class with any symptoms.
· Depending on city regulations and case numbers, we may have to close again.
· If you are sick with symptoms of COVID-19, we ask that you stay home. If you have been to the studio within the last 14 days and test positive for COVID-19 we ask that you let us know so that we can take the appropriate actions.
The health and safety of our members is very important to us. While these safety measures are based on government guidance to reduce the risk of transmission of Covid-19. Unfortunately, the risk of transmission cannot be eliminated entirely and students must assume that risk by coming to train.